Friday, July 27, 2012



"I feel I should warn you that you mean absolutely nothing to me, Mays," Hoot said.  "Honest to God, you’re just another sorry shithead wading around in the deep end of the shitpot.  That’s it.  Nobody special.
“You’re not the infamous bad guy I came to this ever-wet corner of the country to catch.  You see Mays…there’s no extra credit in it for me for catching a two-bit outlaw like you.  None at all.  No front page headlines with my name spelled right.  No passing Go and collecting two hundred dollars.  No deep sense of relief.  Nothing. 
“What’s more – and this is important, Mays, so listen up!  I’m getting too old for this shit.  It’s way past my bedtime so I’m tired, and I’m in an extra-shitty mood ‘cause I’m hungry and I have low blood sugar.  The way I figure it, I’ve played more than fair with you.  Been as patient as I know how to be.  So as far as I’m concerned, your time is up.  Meaning if you don’t throw down and surrender right fuckin now, I’m gonna come up there and kill you…”

No comments:

Post a Comment