Tuesday, March 3, 2015


Same race - new finish line.
 
 
I'll be attending the Crimelandia - Left Coast Crime convention in Portland next week, and I'm looking forward to it. I've attended writer's conferences many times during my 30-plus-year rise to the top (riotous laughter and hooting), but never before a convention - maybe I'll know the difference soon. The interesting thing to me is that I'm attending as a proudly self-published independent author. This is significant because, until recently, self-published indies were considered losers...period. Nowadays quite the contrary is true. Out here on the new perimeter where the self-pub indies roam is where astute readers are finding today's good stuff. The trick is connecting.
 
I hope Crimelandia will prove to be a place where writers and readers can mingle. This sense of author/reader connection is one of the things I treasure about being self-published. Another, of course, is an altruistic lack of monetary motivation (more laughter...with stomping).




No comments:

Post a Comment